Principal â Florida, New Jersey, New York, Midwest
Mr. Chaffee has spent over thirty years working in managed healthcare, delivery system development and management, and start-up operations. Â He pioneered HMO development in the early 1980âs, built Floridaâs first workersâ compensation managed care networks, and has been a principal or founder in practice management, network management and managed care initiatives. Â In the early 1980âs, when managed healthcare was enjoying widespread introduction in the group health arena, Bryan developed new staff model HMOâs for HealthAmerica Corporation, then the nationâs largest HMO company with operations in 24 states and nearly half a million prepaid members. Â Bryan helped build new HMOs in Baltimore, Baton Rouge, Birmingham, Chicago, Hampton Roads, Little Rock, New Orleans, and Omaha.
Since 1998, Bryan has served as the President of Healthscape, Inc., a hospital advocacy consultancy based in Tampa, FL which is primarily engaged in improving hospitalsâ managed care portfolios. Â Healthscape also provides managed care services for physicians and ancillary providers.
Healthscape has helped improve the managed care portfolios of:
- For-Profit Hospitals – HMA Corp. with over 40 hospitals in 16 states
- Special Tax District Facilities – Bert Fish Medical Center, New Smyrna Beach, FL
- Teaching Hospitals – Shands, Gainesville & Jacksonville, FL; Wishard, Indianapolis, IN
- Other Not-For-Profits – Pascack Valley Hospital, Woodlawn, NJ; Methodist Carraway Hospital, Birmingham, AL; North Adams Regional Hospital, North Adams, MA; St. Maryâs Hospital, Passaic, NJ
- Complete Health Systems – St. Maryâs-Reno Health System, Reno, NV; Shands Health System, Gainesville, FL
Mr. Chaffee is frequently employed to execute any or all components of a managed care engagement including assessment, strategic planning, contract negotiation, managed care tools, staff training and improvement, and managed care portfolio re-balance.